Responsible university and faculty/unit
Tampere University - Language Centre
Online course from August 10th to August 26th, 2020, on the following days:
- 10.8. Mon
- 12.–13.8. Wed & Thu
- 17.8. Mon
- 19.8. Wed
- 24.8. Mon
- 26.8. Wed
Note! The course has moved to August!
This preparatory course is for students who would like to gain more practice and confidence in speaking in English. The minimum requirement is skill level B1 (on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR).
On completion of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- - communicate more comfortably in English
- - express themselves better in English
- - better understand spoken English
- - use different comprehension and compensation strategies to deal with challenging communicative situations
- - reflect on their own learning strategies and experiment with new ones
Students will practice using their English in class. Small assignments will be given outside of class in order to prepare for classroom interaction.
Provided by the teacher
Modes of study
Small group activities maximum 26 h, independent work 28 h.
Evaluation and evaluation criteria: Pass/Fail.
Continuous assessment, active participation in classroom work and successful completion of assignments.
We are also offering Preparatory Course in Reading and Writing for Academic Purposes - KKENPRE1.
The information published above is subject to change.