University of Tampere - Language Centre
August 10th – September 11th, 2020, online course (no contact lessons)
The course aims to provide the student with English professional writing competencies needed in working life.
On completion of the course, students are expected to be able to
- - write well-structured and reader-friendly documents related to working life
- - use appropriate terminology of their professional field
- - follow the conventions of professional written communication
- - consider cultural aspects in professional writing
To achieve the learning outcomes, students will
- - write various documents related to working life (e.g. emails, memos, proposals, applications and reports)
- - give and receive constructive feedback on their work and revise it accordingly
- - compile a short list of field-specific terminology
The teaching language is English.
Will be distributed by the teacher through Moodle.
Modes of study
Evaluation: Pass/Fail. Satisfactory completion of tasks, attendance and active participation, other criteria will be given by the teacher.
Although the course is online, it involves extensive group work with strict deadlines. Note that this is an intensive interactive course.
The information published above is subject to change.