During Pandemic Covid-19, we are moving on to the Virtual Intermational Summer Music Institute.
July 31st - August 9th, 2020
The course is meant for singers in different faces of studies - for advanced singers and serious amateurs. The tasks on the course are targeted according to each singers abilities
All participants will be receiving daily coaches and lessons:
- We will be assigning an opera or theater scenes, which the students must learn and memorize it prior to the program begin.
- You need to prepare to sing a few art songs, musical theater songs, and oprea arias of your choice.
- You will receive the voice lessons by three different voice teachers for rotating basis.
- You need to perform at the orientation, fun singing evening, master classes, and two final evening concerts.
- You will learn to use your body as the voice instrument and how to take care of it.
During the course the student has
- Daily voice lesson (45 min per day) - the students change teachers every three days that in the end every student has studied with every teacher
- A session with a pianist / coach almost every day
- Daily movement class to learn how to take care of singers body (gymnastic, stretching, relaxation)
- There will be sessions with the whole course and lot of opportunities to perform
- The lectures about the artistic world, auditioning and development of a career by special quest Erkki Korhonen, artistic leader of several festivals, former leader of the international Opera studio in Zürich and the Finnish National opera
Mira Yang, opera singer soprano, leader of AAMSopera, professor of voice in the school of music at the George Mason University and Community Advisory Board for the Kennedy Center.
Kristjan Mõjsnik, opera singer bass baritone, professor at the Univeristy of Arts, Sibelius-Academy
Ulla Raiskio, opera singer mezzo soprano, teacher at the Tampere Concervatory
Jyrki Lähteenmäki, pianist, coach, doctor of Music, lector at the Music school of Pirkanmaa
Danielle Paittelli, Korrepetitor at Kunstuniversität Graz
Erkki Korhonen, Zürich Opera, Director of Finnish National Opera
Songs and arias. Student must bring two copies of the music he / she wants to work with the pianist and teacher.
Modes of study
Lessons and individual rehearsing. There is plenty of rehearsal rooms at the concervatoire.
How to apply
1. Fill the online application here: APPLICATION FORM
2. Send recent video recording with audition repertoire (MP3 / MP4 -file or Youtube -link) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be accepting application and the tuition deposit by June 20.
Pay the full tuition of 380 euro here
f you paid the down payment, pay the remainer of 160 euro here
Content and program: